Desert Challenge Registration Information
Registration for the 2015 Desert Challenge Games is not yet available. Please check back at a later date.
Registration includes access to the competition, commemorative event technical shirt and awards. All athletes, coaches and guide runners are required to register for the event. Guide runners will not be required to pay a fee unless selecting to utilize the transportation shuttle.
Coach/Team Leader Manual (2014)
Helpful Hints for online registration -
Review the 2014 Desert Challenge Games Information Packet with details of the event including awards, classification, IPC licensing, drug testing, and more. Every athlete, guide runner and coach must download and complete the event waiver. Send via fax to 480.610.2257 or email.
- The online system will charge an additional processing fee for each purchase.
- You will be able to complete a transportation request and pay for the transportation fee through the online registration. The online site will charge an additional processing fee for this purchase.
- If the field is not required and you do not know the answer then it probably does not pertain to you so skip the question.
- Review the classification details below and in the Information Packet prior to registering for the event.
- Your classification status, SDMS number and current classification can be found on the IPC Master List.
Registration fee will be based on the following schedule:
- $50.00 on or before April 10, 2015 @ 12:00 AM PST
- $75.00 from April 11, 2015 to April 24, 2015
NOTE: Registration will be closed on April 24, 2015 @ 12:00 am PST (late registrations will NOT be accepted)
Check the registration status for the event by clicking HERE.
The Desert Challenge Games is an IPC Approved event; however, CLICK HERE to review the list of qualification events by classification for the 2014 US Paralympics National Team Standards, 2015 Parapan American Games, 2016 Paralympic Games and Wheelchair & Ambulatory Sports USA.
Each athlete will be classified according to his or her functional ability, allowing him or her to compete against athletes with similar abilities. Each athlete who submits an entry to compete at the event must provide proof of permanent IPC (International) or National classification. Athletes who do not have an international or national classification issued by their country of residence must complete a request for classification through the online registration system.
Requests for a classification appointment must be received by the early registration deadline of Wednesday, March 26, 2014 at 5:01pm PST (6 weeks prior to competition). Notification of appointment date and time will be sent by email and posted on this site no later than May 5, 2014.
Please note: As part of the IPC Athletics Grand Prix, all athletes ages 14 and older that are interested in competing with the IPC Athletics Grand Prix MUST have or request an international classification.
Requirements for individuals requesting an International Classification appointment:
- Athletes must have an IPC License / SDMS number to request an appointment.
- Athletes with a physical impairment (PI) must have a physician complete the required paperwork at least 6 weeks prior to the competition. (deadline March 26) Download
- Athletes with a visual impairment (VI) must have an eye doctor complete the required paperwork at least 6 weeks prior to the competition. (deadline March 26) Download
- How to complete the MDS forms - Download
The host hotel has not yet been determined.
The shuttle service has not yet been confirmed. Please check back later.